I asked Santa for a juice machine for Christmas last year and after doing some research I tipped him off as to which one I would like. Lo and behold! He got the memo. Ha.
It seems the older I get before I buy any kind of appliance large or small I spend some time reading reviews and searching for the best deal. This one seemed to fit the bill. Santa did pretty good!
We use this machine daily and it is so easy to clean. It extracts the juice right out of fruit and veggies and leaves a very dry pulp. You can always use the pulp in recipes. Great to thicken a soup and get the added health benefits.
The cost was a huge factor for me and this one came in at $149 here It is still available and it is 15% off right now. Bonus!
Here’s a highlight from their website:
Now it’s easier than ever to enjoy fresh, all-natural juices at home with the JE98XL Breville Juice Fountain Plus. This simple-to-operate juicer has a heavy-duty 850-Watt motor that produces enough power to extract 8 ounces of juice in only five seconds.
- Two-speed electronic control for custom juicing: a low speed (6,500 rpm) for leafy vegetables and soft fruit and a high speed (12,000 rpm) for denser fruits and harder vegetable.
- Extra-wide 3” feed tube is large enough for many whole fruits and vegetables.
- Select either Low or High speed for custom juicing.
- Special spout separates froth from juice when pouring.
- Micromesh filter separates pulp into a removable container—no paper filters needed.
- Safety arm prevents juicer from working if cover is not in place.
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe.
I wanted to show this picture so you can see how it is all sealed. We had a machine years ago that was horrible to clean and the juice would leak all over. Not with this one.
Here is a trick I learned. Save your shopping bags, tuck one inside the “catcher” and you will not have any mess. Just lift out the bag and throw it away. The simplest thing ever! Not sure why I never thought of this before. Then when I was looking at the website again I saw that they sell bags for this reason. Bingo! Maybe it was in my sub-conscience. Save your money…use the grocery bags. You’re just going to throw them away anyhow. Ha.
My favorite juice is carrot. Sometimes I will add an apple or an orange. Something about it just goes down so good. My daughter likes to add spinach and cucumber. Nothing tastes better than a fresh glass of juice. Put it in a wine glass and you will feel all fancy. Enjoy!
I was not paid to write this post. All opinions are my own.